Tuesday, August 26, 2008

good times

Here are some pics of my weekend at the ward outing in Lava Hot Springs. That's Idaho you know. I'd never been there and must say that it's very pleasant in that extremely-small-town- tourist-spot kind of way. The hot springs were fabulous and they make a great shaved ice up there.


Here's my friend Cinda floating down the river. Before this three of us went down on a three seater which we thought would be more stable. We actually only got dumped out once, but the water is so shallow that you go right onto the rocks below. Needless to say most everyone in the ward that went down the river came out bruised and bleeding. Good times.




This was the all bulls rodeo we attended. I haven't been to a rodeo since the ones we'd go to out at the state prison when I was about five. ('nuther story) It was facinating, hilarious, and horrifying all at the same time. Luckily they wear helmets and everything now or we might have witnessed something fatal. One bull landed on his bucked rider's chest and then threw the clown about 10 feet in the air. Everyone walked away. We had to leave early, but I heard later that we missed one of the cowboys getting four teeth knocked out and the ensuing search for the teeth in the dirt of the arena. Once again, good times.

1 comment:

Betty Grace said...

I'm glad it was a good time!